Total Time: 25 minutes
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
A fun take on eggs Benedict using an easy avocado parsley sauce that smothers smoked ham and grilled mushrooms.
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt (Table-Grind) - Kosher
- 2 teaspoons Parsley Leaf (Flakes) - Kosher - ORGANIC
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper, Black (Medium-Grind) - Kosher - ORGANIC
- Chili Peppers, Red (Crushed) - Kosher
- 2 portobello mushrooms, washed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 1/2-inch thick triangles smoked ham
- 2 eggs, poached
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat a grill pan or large skillet.
- Brush portobello mushrooms with olive oil, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and place in the grill pan along with the ham.
- Cook, turning once, for 5 to 6 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and ham is heated through.
While mushrooms are cooking, make avocado sauce.
- In a blender, combine avocado, parsley, black pepper, lemon juice, yogurt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and water.
- Puree until smooth.
Place cooked mushrooms on plates and top each with 2 slices ham, 1 poached egg, a few spoonfuls avocado sauce and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.