Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
You'll want to double this pumpkin bread recipe during the holidays! The aroma while cooking will render any home instantly cozy.
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt (Fine-Grind) - Kosher
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg (Ground) - Kosher - ORGANIC
- 1 teaspoon Cloves (Ground) - Kosher - ORGANIC
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (Ground) (Grade A) - Kosher - ORGANIC
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda - Kosher
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift together flour and spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, honey, pumpkin and oil together.
- In another bowl, dissolve baking soda in buttermilk.
- Alternately add flour and buttermilk mixture to the pumpkin mixture, stirring well between additions.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and place in center of oven.
- Bake until loaf tests done with a toothpick, about 1 1/2 hours. (Cover with aluminum foil if top gets dark before loaf tests done.)