Total Time: 15 minutes
Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
This marinade featuring lemon, garlic and thyme makes almost all vegetables happy. Once you have it down, experiment by switching out herbs and spices to explore new flavors.
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Leaf (Whole) - Kosher - ORGANIC
- 1 teaspoon Pepper, Black (Medium-Grind) - Kosher - ORGANIC
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt (Fine-Grind) - Kosher
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey (optional)
- Zest the lemon, taking the yellow zest but not the white pith.
- Juice the lemon, discard remaining peels.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, including lemon zest and juice.
- For vegetables cooked on a skewer: Use a pastry brush to lightly coat with the marinade.
- For vegetables cooked in a grill basket: Toss in a bowl adding a little marinade at a time until all vegetables are lightly coated.
- Grill quickly over high heat. Move around to avoid flare-ups caused by dripping marinade.
Makes 1 cup.
Note: As with any oil-based marinade on the grill, use sparingly to avoid flare-ups. More can be added during cooking if needed, or even afterward as a dressing.