Total Time: 40 minutes
Hands-on Time: 14 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Homemade lamb meatballs packed with flavor thanks to robust organic spices. Make the yogurt sauce ahead of time to let the flavors sit before serving.
- In a large bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs and milk.
- Let sit for 15 minutes until the panko absorbs the milk.
- Stir in egg yolk, shallot, garlic, parsley, spices and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add ground lamb and knead/stir until panko mixture is distributed evenly with the ground lamb.
- Let rest.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide lamb into 12, golf ball sized balls.
- Roll and place in a roasting pan big enough that meatballs are not touching. Alternatively, place on a jellyroll pan covered with parchment.
- Bake meatballs until browning, turning once during baking if desired.
- While meatballs are cooking, combine cucumber, yogurt, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, black pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Stir until combined, taste, and adjust lemon and salt if desired.
- Serve meatballs with a few spoonfuls of the yogurt sauce and extra parsley.
Complete the meal by serving over rice or quinoa.