Total Time: 10 minutes
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
There's something about succulent seasoned shrimp over a bed of crispy greens that screams summertime - and this recipe is no exception. Chopped sweet pepper, tomato and avocado add substance and vegetal flavor to this salad while the shrimp gets a Southwestern kick from our Adobo Seasoning.
- To prepare the shrimp, mix shrimp, 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning, paprika, cayenne and canola oil in a zipper storage bag.
- Shake to coat and place in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat a skillet over medium high and add contents of zipper storage bag.
- Cook shrimp until warmed through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, ½ teaspoon Adobo Seasoning and cane sugar until sugar is dissolved and liquids are combined.
- To assemble salad, toss lettuce with spinach in a salad bowl.
- Top with avocado, tomato and yellow bell pepper.
- Evenly place shrimp on top of vegetables, and then drizzle entire salad with lime dressing.