Total Time: 40 minutes
Hands-on Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 8 spring rolls
These fresh and beautiful Vietnamese spring rolls are made even better thanks to an easy spiced peanut sauce - perfect for lunch or a nice appetizer.
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder - Kosher - ORGANIC - (1.94 oz. Bottle)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder - Kosher - ORGANIC - (2.33 oz. Bottle)
- 1/3 cup Natural Peanut Butter.
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce.
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice.
- 1 Clove Garlic.
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, minced.
- 1 tablespoon Honey.
- 2 dozen medium Shrimp, shelled, deveined, and tails removed.
- Oil, for brushing.
- 2 medium Carrots.
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper.
- 1 medium Cucumber.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Fresh Mint.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Basil.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Cilantro.
- 8 Lettuce Leaves.
- 4 ounces cooked Rice Noodles (Vermicelli Noodles).
- 8 Rice Wrappers (Spring Roll Wrappers).
- Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic clove, minced ginger, honey and red chili flakes in a large bowl.
- Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan or regular pan over medium-low heat.
- Prepare the shrimp, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Add to the pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the shrimp appears pink.
- Meanwhile, prepare ingredients for the spring rolls.
- Cut the carrots, peppers and cucumbers into matchsticks and loosely tear the cilantro, mint and basil.
- Lay out the lettuce, noodles and wrappers.
- Place hot water in a container large enough to hold the wrapper.
- Soak the rice paper for 10 to 15 seconds, just long enough for it to soften.
- Transfer to a cutting board and add one piece of lettuce, 1/3 cup rice noodles, a few cucumbers, peppers and carrots.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and start to roll.
- Fold the rice paper over the ingredients and start to tuck.
- Lay three shrimp on the rice paper and continue to tuck and roll.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and ingredients.
Serve with a sprinkle of herbs and the peanut sauce for dipping.
Note: Rolling can be a bit of a challenge at first but after a few, it becomes easier.