Total Time: 25 minutes
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 servings
Healthier and more satisfying than canned versions, this refried bean dip is simple to make and convenient to serve for a party or a quick snack.
- 1 cup Pinto Bean Flakes - Kosher - ORGANIC
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- Bring water to boil, add bean mix and reduce heat to low.
- Cook on low heat, stirring often, until beans start to thicken.
- Add salsa and continue to heat and stir until dip is hot.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes then serve.
For variety trying adding green chilies or onions. To make a bean and cheese dip, stir in 1/2 cup grated pepper jack, cheddar, or other cheese while still hot and stir in until melted. To make a hotter dip, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder or to taste.