Chipotle Corn Squash Chowder
Total Time: 45 minutes
Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
This bowl of zesty bliss is sure to warm up your autumn evening. Hearty squash, sweet corn and chopped veggies keep bellies full and warm. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or sliced avocadoes.
- 1 cup No-Chicken Broth Powder, Organic 1 lb.
- 1 teaspoon Organic Ground Coriander Seeds 1.66 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Organic Ground Cumin Seeds 1.76 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Ground Chipotle Peppers 2.15 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Sea Salt 2.40 oz.
- 3 cups water.
- 3 cups cooked butternut squash.
- 2 cups milk.
- 2 cups corn kernels.
- 1 cup chopped carrots.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- 1 cup chopped leek.
- Juice of half of a lime.
- Fresh Cilantro or Parsley for garnish.
- Grated Cheddar Cheese or Yogurt to serve alongside (optional).
- In a soup pot, sauté carrots and leeks in olive oil until almost tender.
- Add chicken flavored broth powder, water, and squash.
- Stir together and cook 5 minutes more.
- Process in a food processor until desired consistency, then pour back into the pot.
- Stir in milk and corn.
- Cook on low heat, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add more milk or broth if a thinner soup is desired.
- Once soup is hot, simmer for 10 minutes to meld flavors.
- Add spices.
- Simmer for 5 minutes more, then stir in lime juice.
- Taste and add more chipotle or other spices as desired.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Serve immediately as is or with grated cheddar or yogurt on the side.
Note: Also good with corn chips or cornbread.
To make Curried Squash and Corn Chowder, replace milk with coconut milk and spices with 2 teaspoons curry powder.