Atlas Cedarwood Essential Oil - (0.50 fl. oz.)
191219 - Atlas Cedarwood Essential Oil - (0.50 fl. oz.)
A unique wood oil, Atlas Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) is often thought of as a masculine oil, which sets it apart from many other essential oils. It can be used as a base note in a variety of recipes and is especially effective in outdoor patio sprays where it blends well with citronella, lemon eucalyptus, geranium and other essential oils.
Atlas Cedarwood Essential Oil comes from Morocco. In the past two decades, Morocco has made significant replanting efforts after Atlas cedarwood trees were over harvested for over 100 years. There are now young groves of cedar throughout the Atlas mountains. After the wood is processed in a saw mill, the oil is distilled from the scraps and sawdust.
- Known to be one of the unique conifer oils, atlas cedarwood contains none of the typical constituents found in other conifer oils like pine, fir, juniper and Texas Cedarwood. Where most conifers are top-note-dominated, atlas cedarwood is more of a base-note-dominated oil.
- Atlas Cedarwood is considered a calming essential oil and can be used as a base note in numerous relaxation-focused blends and recipes where it combines well with lavender, neroli, citrus oils, rose absolute and rose otto, among many others. It is also considered a meditative oil, blending well with frankincense and sandalwood for spiritual usage.
- Known for being effective yet gentle, atlas cedarwood is also useful in topical skin care applications and diffusions.
- Its woody aroma also makes a wonderful contribution to holiday and seasonal blends.
Ingredients: Cedrus atlantica (Atlas cedarwood) essential oil.
Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica
Quick Tip: Diffuse 18 drops to encourage an uplifting atmosphere.
Recipe: Furniture Oil
36 drops Aura Cacia Atlas Cedarwood Essential Oil
2 ounces Aura Cacia Jojoba Oil
2-ounce Aura Cacia Amber Glass Bottle with Writable Label
1. In bottle, combine oils. Replace lid and shake until well blended.
2. To use, apply to a soft cloth and rub into wooden furniture. *Test on a small, inconspicuous area before general use.
Safety Guidelines: If pregnant, nursing, suffering from any medical condition, or taking medication, consult a health care practitioner before use.
- Avoid eyes and mucous membranes.
- Dilute properly.
- May cause skin irritation.
- For external use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.