Carnitas (Slow Cook) Sauce - Kosher - ORGANIC - (8.00 fl. oz. Pouch)
Rich, balanced tomato sauce with savory herbs, garlic, and notes of paprika, allspice and a touch of citrus sweetness.
Chipotle, ancho and cayenne chili peppers infuse this sauce with warm, complex chili flavor for the tastiest pork carnitas.
Excellent for use in the slow cooker and on the stove top.
Great for creating restaurant-quality pork carnitas.
Serve with warm tortillas, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
See Carnitas Slow Cook Sauce packet for stove-top directions.
Ingredients: Water, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onion, Organic Canola Oil, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Sea Salt, Organic Garlic, Organic Cilantro, Organic Lime Juice Concentrate, Organic Orange Juice Concentrate, Organic Chipotle Peppers, Organic Ancho Peppers, Organic Garlic Powder, Organic Paprika, Organic Allspice, Organic Bay Leaf, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cayenne Peppers.
- Brown 4 lbs. boneless pork shoulder in oil over high heat.
- Place pork, slow cook sauce and ½ cup water into a 3- to 4-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until meat is fork tender.
- Pull meat into shreds with a fork.
- Season with salt to taste if desired.
- For authentically crisp and juicy carnitas, cut port in 1 1/2 inch chunks before browning.
Kosher: KSA Certified
Organic: QAI Certified Organic